When people are talking to you, they can tell you’re not really listening. You have this strange glazed look in your eyes, and you keep fidgeting and looking around the room.
It’s almost like you’re not even there.
And when you do finally speak, you say things that are completely off–topic and don’t make any sense. It’s like you’re in your own little world and no one can reach you.
You may be suffering from a condition known as depersonalization disorder. This disorder can be extremely frightening and confusing, as it causes you to feel disconnected from your own body and mind.
Symptoms of depersonalization disorder include:
- feeling like you are in a dream or watching yourself from outside your body
- feeling detached from your emotions or like you are observing yourself from a distance
- feelings of unreality or surrealism
- feeling foggy–headed or spacey
- difficulty concentrating or thinking clearly
- memory problems
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to see a mental health professional who can properly diagnose and treat your condition.