Your fellow employees are the leading source of new wealth. Befriend them.
Talk to them about what they’re doing, their goals, and how they’re doing it. Ask for advice – not just about work, but about life and finances. When you do this, you create a relationship of trust and mutual respect. As a result, your colleagues are more likely to confide in you about their own finances and goals.
This is a huge opportunity to learn from those who are already financially successful. You can find out what works for them, and what doesn’t. It’s a great way to shortcut your own path to financial success.
Ten reasons why you should make friends with your colleagues:
1. They have more money than you.
2. They know things you don’t.
3. They can help you make more money.
4. They can help you save money.
5. They can help you invest money.
6. They can help you get out of debt.
7. They can help you stay out of debt.
8. They can help you find a better job.
9. They can help you negotiate a raise.
10. They can introduce you to other successful people.